Pages

▼

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

2011 Garden

We got our seeds in the mail this week!  Can't wait for spring so we can start our garden.  Here's what we're trying this year:

Fedco:

Carrots: Scarlet Nantes, Nelson
Yellow beans: Golden Rocky (organic)
Green beans: Provider (organic)
Shell beans: Agate Pinto Bean (organic)
Spinach: Tyee (organic)
Lettuce: Black Seeded Simpson (organic), Buttercrunch
Zucchini: Raven, Gentry
Cucumber: Marketmore 76 (organic)
Beets: Detroit Dark Red Short Top

Jung's:

Sweet potatoes: Vardaman
Red potatoes: Red Pontiac

Flowerland:

Peppers
Broccoli - Premium
Tomatoes
Onions - yellow/sweet & red

2 comments:

  1. Your garden is going to be great again this year! I am so excited to get out there and work... I have a serious case of spring fever already and its only mid-Feb!!

    I just realized I didn't label which seeds were organic... I ordered organic if they had them, but not all are... still good quality from Fedco, though. Mmm, buttercrunch lettuce is my favorite. This is the first year since we've had a garden that I'm not growing it. I figured I should branch out a little and try a couple new ones. I hope I don't miss my buttercrunch too much! :) I hope I don't miss yellow beans too much, either... this is also the first year since we've had a garden that I haven't grown them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, we order organic when we can too. But I trust Fedco seeds even if they aren't organic. I'm looking forward to fresh lettuce! I love salads in the summer. Just bummed I'll have to limit my raw spinach intake.

    I am soooo ready for srping! For so many reasons ;)

    ReplyDelete